Hearing Loss – Halima Ali
Mon August 12: 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
Halima Ali Audiology Presentation
Have you HEARD “1 in 6 people across the UK have a hearing loss”
- Introduction- Who we are and background
- Hearing loss – Prevalence and statistics, types of hearing loss, symptoms and effects – Identifying those with hearing loss – family members, friends, neighbours
- Hearing loss and links to mental health, early on set dementia and tinnitus
- Importance of Hearing screening and early detection of hearing loss.
- Ear care and ear wax removal
- Hearing Aids – Misconceptions
- Services available and hear care pathways
- Hearing Aid Technology
- Conclusion and Q&As
Visuals – hearing aid dummies, Otoscope (viewing of the ears and ear drum), ear wax removal videos, leaflets and brochures.