This overwhelmingly popular campaign launched on 1st November this year for donations of small gifts for older people in hospital on Christmas Day. The campaign has run with Leicester’s Hospitals for the past 5 years and we are delighted that older people in community hospitals now also benefit. Gift bags (please do not wrap gifts) of a few small items can be donated at any of our Age UK Leicester Shire & Rutland shops or resource centres by 14th December. This campaign really does make a difference to older people unable to return home for Christmas and possibly not receiving any other gift on Christmas Day.
- Lip balms, hand lotions, foot lotions or other moisturising lotions or hand wipes (either fragrance free or gently fragranced)
- Soaps, body wash or deodorant
- Slipper socks or bed socks
- Chocolates, biscuits, sweets, cereal bars, Halal / Indian sweets (not homemade)
- Cordials, original, herbal or flavoured tea-bags, hot chocolate or coffee sachets
- Pens, pencils, notepads, notelets, cards, books and puzzle books
Unfortunately we are not able to accept:
Edible homemade gifts (cakes, sweets etc), alcohol, electrical items, used clothing or books, DVDs or VHS tapes, political, denominational or religious material, glass items or bottles, and candles.
For more information please call 0116 2992233
Age UK Leicester Shire & Rutland